Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization Services
Having a website is no guarantee that anyone will see it. Optimizing the website to improve the probability of being found on a search engine results page used to involve some structural elements and gaming the system with keywords. This process no longer works. Today, companies employ inbound marketing techniques, to help prospects find your product or service. And for companies who operate as a local business, we employ strategies to “local optimize” your website and web presence through a variety of techniques.
The way in which the top search engines place your website on a results page can depend on several factors. The smallest inconsistencies in the structure of a website can result in demoralizing Search Engine Rankings. Below are some core elements of every website that we at The Marketing Department – Malvern know are essential within the on-page development of every web page.
- Keyword selection, research, and testing
- The single most important SEO practice is choosing and researching the correct keywords. Use Google Adwords keyword tool to gauge your industry’s keyword competition and test the effectiveness in looking at web page analytics reports.
- Meta Description tags
- The 156 character write up that is displayed underneath the listing on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page). This content needs to be engaging and get the web searcher to click onto the site.
- ALT tags
- This is what search engines read when they cross over an image or graphic. These should be tagged with a focus keyword pertaining to the page and contain keywords as well.
- URL structure
- Having a clean concise URL (name of website) with a keyword or geography can greatly increase SEO search ranking.
- H1 tags
- Every page should have a title consistent to the information on the page. This title should stand out on the page and be a focus keyword.
- Keyword density
- A site rich with specific keywords tailored to your business services will help a site rank higher when someone is searching for your keyword.
- The content laid out on your website is clear, concise, rich and engaging you will be rewarded. SERP’s can read too. If you engage the SERP’s they reward you with higher rankings.
SEO is not just within your website. Off-page SEO is an even greater factor in the results of your website’s search engine rankings. Off-Page SEO involve strategies in creating links with engaging content and are also referred to as Inbound Marketing. Having great Off-page SEO is a continuous content distribution process through online channels like:
- Social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest etc..)
- Blog posts
- News articles where the business appears
- Press releases
- Other links that may lead back to the website
- claiming directory listings
- Developing a Google + Suite
- contributing and responding to prospective customer questions.
A great SEO website produces content multiple times in a week. Producing high-quality, informative content that can be distributed through several channels (social media, other blogs, etc..) has become essential in boosting your search ranking on the popular search engines.