How Do I Optimize Website Copy for SEO?
First and foremost, your copy must satisfy the searcher’s information intent – the goal of the person visiting your website.
How do you do that?
- Your copy must be structured so visitors can quickly scan and get a sense of whether it is relevant, credible and useful.
- Use a headline and sub-headings to organize the copy on the page to make for easy readability, as website pages are often scanned
- Use lists where practical
- Whitespace is your friend for readability
- Use short paragraphs
- Enhance understanding with visuals
- If applicable, employ an introduction at the beginning and a summary at the end
- Relevance is determined by the use of keywords.
- Keywords are the words and phrases people type into search engines
- Use the words and phrases that your intended audience also uses and was looking for when they landed on the website
- Keywords (keyword phrases) should be in your opening paragraph, headings, and wherever it makes sense throughout
- Highlight the author’s bio to help generate trust and demonstrate subject matter expertise.
- Use Blogging to add copy frequently, to keep the search engine coming back for more.
- Think beyond copy for content strategy.
- Add video, Infographics, etc. to create a richer experience that keeps visitors on the page.
- Lastly, your content should end with a Call-To-Action to either build trust or generate a lead.
Click here to view examples of Our Work.